Wednesday 11 October 2017

The answer is busking in the wind

I woke up one restless Saturday morning
And thought I'd go to the market and play for change
The air was cool but still and gave no warning
The powers that be were brewing something strange

I set up my guitar case and music stand
Donned my plaid fedora put a harmonica in the holder
Playing dust in the wind like a one man band
Blowing tunes and strumming my hands a blur

The gentle summer wind unassuming 
Was overpowered by a vicious autumn gale
Each time I opened my mouth to sing 
The screaming squall answered with a wicked wail

Sudden gusts tornadoed leaves into a dancing flash mob
Flipping pages looking for a song in my lyrics binder
To regain control bull clips always seem to do the job
My hat blowing off and then returned is a reminder

Life nature and people try to exert their power
You have to find some way to regain control
Like the helpful bumblebee fertilizing a flower
Allowing others to help you empower your soul

1 comment: