Sunday 1 October 2017

In her arms

Lying in her arms I think
'How did I get here?'

She was the fulfilment of my vision quest

In her eyes I see a picture of eternity

I am strange and she is wonderful

When the wait is long the bond is stronger

Our words began to create
a path to follow

In spite of or perhaps because of
The ghost of a substandard beau
She stayed

Our love magic is not made
Of smoke and mirrors but something More elemental and arcane

Each soul speaks as flesh of my flesh
Manifests electric ecstasy

The will of the Father yields more
Than we could hope or imagine

Like salmon slowly bathed
In fragrant cherry wood smoke
Our love tastes sweet, rich, and earthy.

4 comments:

  1. My wife and I went from 'just friends'to something more, to love and marriage. Uninspired I used the 10 words just to start writing something, anything. Soon it flowed and there were no more words. So I tacked the prompt to the top of the poem and here it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great declaration of love. I just adore the last 3 lines.

      Delete
    2. I think that loves that start as friendships are often the best kind, though there is the fear of losing the friendship if the love doesn't work out.
      This is a beautiful declaration of love!

      Delete
  2. Your poem reminds me of my own story with my husband. We met in the mid 1980s and remained friends until 2011 when we began dating. We married in 2012. Thank you for this contribution to OctPoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete