Sunday 15 October 2017

House of Many Voices

Welcome friends to the house of many voices

Come as you are bring whatever you have to share

Or not we also need people who enjoy and listen

Remember you don't need to get paid to be an artist

If you write anything then my friend you are a writer

Paint your feelings with emotional words you are a poet


Unless you write greeting cards no one pays  a poet

So we are forced to listen to cold practical voices

In your spare time you can be an aspiring writer

Contribute get a real job so you do your share

Don't be a leech no one likes to see a starving artist

Eat vitamins brush your teeth learn to listen



Well I have never been one to blindly listen

Except to the good book my instinct and the voices  of the poet

For the moment I'm making ends meat as a sandwich artist

The company sanctioned soundtrack drowns out artistic voices

I could crunch numbers to find the quotient mean of the market share

Or a suit a tie an office an actuarial table I'll be an insurance writer



Out my high rise window the ghost of Petty is a free falling sky writer

Hey spike use ten foot tall words to get the world to get woke and listen

I'm opening up more and more soon  I'll be the king of the over share

Lost in space and ground control is the only lifeline of the poet

I would have gone crazy without this way to release the voices

Once again I am the Prince formerly known as Artist



There are other times that I feel like a literary  con artist

I want to apologize to beloved long gone writers

With rhythm with rhyme and meter they skilfully gave their voices

 Push a button I have 10 rhymes a metaphor and a Playlist just listen

Click the mouse I have any quote from  any poet

Mindlessly I can poke post tweet like and share



I don't know how much more to share

With heart honesty and passion I can say I'm an artist

With words finely tuned  and chiseled  I am a poet

I've got a good plot I've got fingrertip resources I am a writer

Open heart open mind I've finally learned the art of listening

To be heard we must raise our voices



Let us gather in the circle  to share storyteller balladeer and writer

Sculpter painter performance artist the world will come to listen

Come actor dancer bard and poet welcome to the house of many voices
















No comments:

Post a Comment