Sunday 29 October 2017

Baited Breath

The autumn wind is a kitten at play
Nibbling at my neck with frosty nips
Icicle claws take my breath away

Tail twitching stirs leaves an unseen moray
Bursting in air a red orange apocalypse
The autumn wind is a kitten at play

Leaves and wind in effortless ballet
Swans on the lake wind chilly kicks
Icicle claws steal my breath away

Downtown tower tunnels wind in ambush lay
Mischievous scamp up to old tricks
The autumn wind is a kitten at play

Soon more rough than tumble is the way
Wind grips and rips and strips and whips
Icicle claws tear my breath away

The wind howls as the hell hounds bray
Thin veil torn wind takes form in eclipse
The vicious wind a were cat come to slay
Icicle claws steal my breath awww...

(A villainous villianelle )

1 comment: