Friday 7 October 2016

Taster's Choice


Almost every day I take coffee break at the Artful Dodger here in Regina, Saskatchewan. It has a great vibe for writing poetry.  I finally earned my free stamp card beverage. "What can I get for free?" "a  coffee or tea" "Maybe mocha or cappuccino?" "I guess" This is what they made for me. It was perfect. I was inspired enough to try a 'Rondel' which I first thought sounded like a singer from a 50's girl group. Here goes.

Taster's Choice

You can taste a soul

By the taste of their coffee

Sweet bitter strong or spicy

Dark plain skim or whole


Some are works of art in a generous bowl 

or a goodwill Styrofoam you only drink for free

You can taste a soul

By the taste of their coffee


Some share their warm maple pecan cinnamon roll

Alternative lifestyles drink healthy green tea

Opening the eyes of your heart is the key

If you want to make open friendships your goal

You can taste a soul    

No comments:

Post a Comment