Monday 27 October 2014

Valorous Omnibus

In the heart of death's shade
I will not be afraid

I will not be afraid
for
you
are my light
are my tower
are my shelter
are my salvation

I will not be dismayed
for
you
will never leave me
are Alpha and Omega
are the fountain of life
are the strength of my life

I will not be daunted
for
you
are with me
will never leave me
have overcome the world
free me from the snares of death

I will not be troubled
for
you
are my God
are my helper
will never forsake
hold me up with your righteous hand

I will be strong
for
you
go with me
are my rearguard
appoint me a guardian
will never let me down

I will be courageous
for
you
are my song
are my shield
are my stronghold
will be with me to the end of the age

I will not
quiver or quake
shiver or shake
cringe or wince
or shudder

I will not be
timid or scared
concerned or alarmed
paranoid or anxious

In flood and fire, river and flame
you are my redeemer
you are
I am
yours



1 comment: