Tuesday 14 October 2014

Thank you Cheeses, Halivah and Edam.



"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."
GK Chesterton

(Let me remedy that.)

“Tell me, what is it you plan to dowith your one wild and precious life?”

― Mary Oliver

(Eat cheese)

“Live not for Battles Won.
Live not for The-End-of-the-Song.
Live in the along.”― Gwendolyn Brooks

(Yeah! live 'along' side a cheese shop[stop playing that bouzuki!])

“Resist much, obey little.”― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

(Resist Munster (it stinks), obey little...baby bels)

“Two girls discover the secret of life in a sudden line of(Cheeses).”
― Denise Levertov

“(Cheese) is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is (Cheese) that is felt rather than seen.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“You must write (about), and (eat cheese), as if your life depended on it.”

― Adrienne Rich

“The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” Willie Nelson

“How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?”
― Charles de Gaulle

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.--Luis Bunuel

“Bachelor’s fare: bread, cheese and kisses.” – Jonathan Swift

funny cheese quotes

Okay, I went a little far with the prompt. 
Like cheese, one piece is never enough.
There is an appropriate maxim I live by
About the fine line of plagiarism/homage.
"Gather your milk from many sources
Make your own cheese."
Here's some 'magnet poetry' from a list of cheeses.
Pun Fun
I'll go out on a Limb(urger) here and get real
 and admit my (bour)sin that's left me (prov)olone.
My (em)mental stress has left me twisted As-Iago.

Seriously Strong Cheddar
In Blarney Castle St. Killian counted the Abbott's Gold.
"We should buy a Golden Cross and frame it in Gospel Green."
Bishop Kennedy that Stinking Bishop spoke up.
"Make no such Celtic Promise you Golden Smoked Rebel."
Sniped the Grey Owl adjusting his beaded Garland,
"This is your Waterloo, you Linconshire Poacher,
This Cougar Gold with it's Sirene call has took your soul."

Bath Cheese
Down the Woodside Alpine slope amidst an Applewood grove
Framed by Bear Hill sat a Llangloran Farmhouse.
Like a Rubens masterpiece Chelsea bathed in an Amish Frolic.
Finn, the bearded Huntsman, was watching with a smile.
She was his wife, this Prima Donna Forte.

In Old (b)El Pa(e)so
Sonora Jack stepped into the dusty street.
In the saloon tears rusting her golden heart sat Flower Marie.
The Hooligan gripped the Little Black Bomber for the bank wall.
He was after the King's River Gold to buy them a life.
With Swiss precision Sheriff Wigmore drew and fired.
In the Roaring 40's Blue smoke Jack spun like a Fuzzy Wheel
On a flying wagon in a Sage Derby. He did not win.





3 comments:

  1. I am literally laughing aloud as I read this. Ohmigawsh! My daughter came into the room as I was reading the poems from these prompts and I said, "Emma, I included a quote about cheese because I remembered when you were little and talked about cheese constantly. Your poem definitely gets the award for the cheesiest. :-) Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely takes the cheese. :D

    ReplyDelete