Monday 20 October 2014

Song of Time

Song of time

Slow and steady wins the race
Slows makes late--don't slow down
Down the rabbit hole Alice
Down the cottontail bunny trail
Trail mix full of flakes and nuts
Trail behind you're left alone
Alone with your thoughts
Alone at the back of the pack
Pack up your trouble in your old kit bag
Pack up and go home
Home is where you hang your hat
Home is where you hang your head
Head in the clouds
Head for the hills
Hills have eyes
Hills alive with the sound of music
Music helps me focus
Music keeps track of time
Time after time is on my side
Time in a Dali is melting
Melting into you
Melting like a soggy witch
Witch curse gives me an itch
Witch hazel soothes my rash
Rash of break-ins
Rash decisions lead to regret
Regret not allowed buyer beware
Regret nothing
Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing compares to you
You oughta be in pictures
You light up my life
Life don't talk to me about life
Life the universe and everything
Everything is coming up roses
Everything is beautiful in it's own way
Way down yonder in New Orleans
Way to be free but I can't
Can't rush a good thing
Can't hurry love
Love love me do
Love is dry without passion
Passion play portrays love in action
Passion is something you can't imitate 
Imitate Christopher Walken
Imitate the jet set
Set the timer down
Set the gauge on slow
Slow 
Down

(This is my first blitz poem. It's hard but fun)

2 comments: