Saturday 4 October 2014

Say, You Want a Revolution?

Say, You Want a Revolution?

Today is the day of the
Revolution.
Around the axis of truth 
And love all must
Revolve.

But first I'm going to make coffee and have breakfast.

To some issues and challenges
We must find
Resolution.
We who are strong must 
Help others hold to their
Resolve.

I'll just do some house work first.

There are cave man trolls
Missing links of 
Evolution.
With time and reasoned words
Some change may slowly
Evolve.

What should I have for lunch?

When those who have failed and railed
Still don't seek 
Absolution
Can we still try to understand
And be open to 
Absolve.

I should put a load of laundry in.

So I look at war, hunger, corruption,
Racism, misogyny, and 
Pollution.
Realistically, I can talk about them,
But have no idea how to 
Solve.

Mom and Dad are visiting, let's have tea.

Since I can't beat the problems
I should join the arm of some
Institution
I'll write a letter or hold a sign,
find some way to
Involve.

My brother wants us to watch the kids, crazy!

It seems perennial 
That each well meant
Resolution
Like spring snow they all too quickly
Dissolve.

Half an hour to Midnight
And I'm still writing this poem.

Maybe tomorrow is the day of the
revolution...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, life does get in the way of changing the world, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why household revolutions never happen...

    ReplyDelete