Sunday 26 October 2014

Magic Mysteries

Magic Mysteries
(a Hex Sonnetta)

Magic is everywhere

All that you need is sight

Gaze inside to see light

In the dark be aware

Come the dawn hope is there

Meek and mild become might


Young loves blend into one

Simple seed mighty tree

Troubled souls rise up free

Everyday life begun

Round spider pure web spun

In a skiff saved at sea


Everyday miracle

Shows something magical

(I am a sucker for punishment. I started to do a simple acrostic with the words 'Magic' and  'Mystery' but decided to challenge myself instead. I looked at shadow poetry to find something that sounded magical. I found a form called Hex Sonnetta which sounds like the name of a witch to me. Hex means 'six' here. Two 6 line stanzas and a couplet. 6 syllables each line. I didn't try the meter. The rhyme scheme: abbaab cddccd ee. I even stuck with acrostic as well.)






2 comments: