Friday 4 October 2013

You never see it till it's too late.


The good book says,

"Let your gentleness be evident to all."

I want to wear it like a robe.

I want to wear it like a shield.

I want to be the ninja the gentleness.

I want to tread softly through life like drifting smoke.

I want flow like water around  obstacles.

I want to rest on a bed of nails and not  be pierced.

I want to deflect flaming arrows mid flight.

I want rise from peaceful shadows.

I want my pointed words whispering through the air.

--THWACK--

I have killed you with kindness.

3 comments:

  1. I liked "I want to wear it like a robe" but, even more, I loved "I want to be the ninja of gentleness" and the way you built on it from there till..."thwack!" I thought it was great, made me smile and I really really want to be a gentle ninja now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Didn't see that one coming and it was a great final punch. Great imagery and contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprise ending . . . good stuff. Keep it up, Ninja of Kindness.

    ReplyDelete