Friday 12 October 2012

Singing in the sun

One of my passions is music.

I like to listen. I like to sing. I love to play.

I lack great skill or training, but I have worked hard to learn.

I have played on church worship teams. I have jammed at coffee houses.

Where I found the greatest pleasure is in playing for change at farmer's markets.

There is little I enjoy more than to sing in the sun and get rewarded for it.

To see a variety of people and sometimes make a connection.

It is a rich artistic outlet. It makes me happy.

One of my passions is music.


Now I am sad.

I am also quite mad.

Why rain on my parade?

The season is over now till spring.

That happens every year with out fail.

What really bugs me is the copyright Gestapo.

Socan protects all musicians so they say.

But they're going make the market pay.

If one song is not public domain.

Or one of my own.

That is so sad.


2 comments:

  1. You really should be reading/listening to/following Cory Doctorow, Michael Geist, and Jesse Brown. They are three of the world's foremost authorities on copyright issues, also Canadians.

    ReplyDelete